Parents are recognized as their child’s first and most influential teacher. Mercer County Head Start facilitates this belief through the Home Base Program.
Mercer County Head Start is a federally funded agency that provides opportunities for children to experience age appropriate activities in the home and in group situations, while offering support for the entire family.
This program offers families an opportunity to provide their child/children with the tools needed for a successful transition into the school system. We provide the children with activities hat help them grow mentally, socially, emotionally and physically.
All children in Mercer County Head Start are screened in the area of vision, speech, hearing and development.
Your child qualifies if…
- Age 3 – 5 years old
- Your family income meets guidelines established by ACYF, or
- Your family receives OWF or SSI benefits, or
- Your child has a documented disability
Your child will receive…
- Weekly age appropriate experiences for the child planned by the Home Base Visitor and parent in the following areas:
– Language & Literacy
– Math & Science
– Art & Music
- Group Socialization time twice each month
- Speech, vision & hearing screenings & follow ups
- Comprehensive Health Services
- All services provided in the child’s home with the parent
- All of these services are provided free of charge to enrolled children and families.
If interested in registering your child/children, please see the registration page.